Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday

My first garage sale of the year! Didn't find much but I found some neat stuff. I have been looking for a chair for Zak's desk and this was perfect. Needed some work but it was the right size (a tad smaller than a normal chair) and price ($3)!



The chair after.
A few coats of white paint, a little distressing and a new chair for the desk.



Side note....the dresser in the background is also a Metamorphosis Monday item but I can't find a before pic. It was my husband's childhood dresser. I spray painted the outside red and chalkboard paint on the drawer fronts. Added a few knobs and drawings and a fun place to store boring clothes. :-)

7 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

The chair turned out great, and I love the rooster and the little wheelbarrow! Great finds!

Kammy said...

Wow, that chair is perfect ! I spotted that rooster - love it too !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Merrie said...

The chair looks fantastic, like it belongs with the desk. Good Job!

Kim said...

Love the chair!!!

Courtney said...

You found some great things-I like that big old rooster.
Blessings!

JobandBrittany said...

i love old chairs. looks great~

Kimm at Reinvented said...

The chair looks fresh and new, great job! Please remember to link back to REINVENTED if you're participating in Trash to Treasure Tuesday, thanks! Enjoy your holiday weekend